Chocolate Protein Pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (gluten-free) oat flour
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons Proper Protein Chocolate Revitalise Protein
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (gluten-free) baking powder
- Coconut oil, for frying
For the raw chocolate sauce:
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup (or pure maple syrup)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- Coconut ice-cream (or coconut yoghurt, Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese)
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Bee pollen
To make the pancakes, blend all of the pancake ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Heat some coconut oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Pour some of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook on both sides. The pancakes should be ready to flip when bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake. I keep them small so they are easy to flip.
To make the raw chocolate sauce, mix the tahini, cacao powder, rice malt syrup and sea salt together in a small bowl. Add a little almond milk or water to thin the mixture to your desired consistency, stirring well to get a smooth sauce.
To serve, layer the pancakes with some coconut ice-cream or yoghurt, drizzle over the chocolate sauce and top with raspberries and a sprinkle of bee pollen.
Makes about 8 small pancakes.