Choc Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup Proper Protein Coconut Pea Protein
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (or raw cacao nibs)
- 3 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 170°C (fan-forced) and line baking tray with baking paper.
Mix the almond meal, protein powder, baking powder, salt and chopped dark chocolate (or cacao nibs) together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the rice malt syrup, melted coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet ingredients together using a spoon and then incorporate the dry ingredients until everything is well combined.
To shape the mixture evenly for consistent cookies, I use a small spring-loaded ice-cream scoop. Press some of the mixture into the scoop, scraping the top with a knife to level it out. Then squeeze the handle of the scoop to drop the mixture onto the lined baking tray. Press down on each cookie to flatten slightly.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes or until just starting to brown around the edges.
Makes about 20 cookies.